6 replies to this topic

#1 ariella

ariella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 10:24 AM

Anyone have anything that works for the lack of temperature control caused by dysautonomia? Only med I'm taking now is midodrine... chills are not being caused by the medicine... I know most of you can't tolerate the heat, my body doesn't adapt to heat either, but I'm chilled most of the time, sometimes shock-like chills. Like today. Not pleasant, even in the summer.
thanks
Ariella

#2 Sunfish

Sunfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 10:56 AM

ariella -
unfortunately i don't have much to offer other than a "me too" but wanted to let you know that you are not alone in the chills department. i actually had problems with chills before having problems with heat. now i have both, which is what makes this season so tough..too hot outside, & too cold inside unless i'm the one controlling the air. i haven't found any magic solutions other than bundling up though. although, when my stomach can tolerate it, a hot/warm beverage can take the edge off. and i have both mittens & slippers that can be warmed in the microwave which help at times.
:-)melissa

#3 mom4cem

mom4cem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:05 AM

Hi,

Hate to say glad other have the chills also, but I am :) glad I am not alone in that. There were days when all day long I had the chills, sometimes teeth chattering and it did not always coincide with having a "attack", and I even was having problems with sweating, I mean constantly. Both have seemed to back off a bit except for the chills, which I do still get but not as bad. When an attack is coming on or I am going through one, the chills are back full force.

My temp usually registers at 97 or sometimes 96.7.

#4 corina

corina

Advanced Member

• 3,642 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:30 AM

Ariella,
Since starting on mestinon it made my temperature MUCH better. I always was VERY cold with VERY cold chills and sweating caused by the cold (instead of heat). Now I'm much warmer and even my body feels warmer when I touch it. I was surpised feeling myself being so warm (hope you understand what I mean!). I immediately feel when I'm too late on the mestinon, because I get cold again. So maybe you can give it a try, although we need to realize we are all different, I feel more comfortable being warmer!
Take care,
Corina

#5 LisaColumbus

LisaColumbus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:14 PM

I went through being cold year round for many years. This is the first summer that I wasn't chilled, now it's hot flashes. Ahhh the joys of aging. I also always ran a below normal temp and spent lots of time sitting over the heat vent with a blanket or even using a hair dryer to blow hot air under the blankets. The BEST investment I ever made was my electric blanket. Keeping a couple of pairs of socks on seemed to help a lot also. I'm just greatful it's summertime. If the temp drops below 75 I am miserable.

#6 Ernie

Ernie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:57 PM

Hi Arielle,

I dress up in layers like an onion.

Ernie

#7 ramakentesh

ramakentesh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,091 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 06:23 AM

im the same - always cold - get raynauds when im cold and my hands freeze and the veins over constrict.
WHen i get those weird migraines or autonomic storms, my temperature drops so rapdily that it feels like im freezing and my whole body trembles.

Ive never heard of that m drug - sounds interesting...