Photo

Anyone With Gerd Try Turmeric (for Increased Energy)?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 futurehope

futurehope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:50 AM

Just wondering? I have GERD and when I mentioned to another friend of mine (who has stomach problems) that I'm going to try Turmeric, he said, "Won't that hurt your stomach?" I guess he thought spices of that sort tend to do that.

I did try one pill yesterday. I did not have my usual severe fatigue and weakness which I'm prone to get between 4 PM and bedtime, but.... I had a nasty headache from 2 hours after ingesting the pill (at lunch) until after dinner. I have no idea if the pill is what gave me the headache or not. I hope not. I will try it again today.

Is anyone else experimenting with this pill as I am?

How are you doing if you are trying it? Thanks in advance.

#2 MelissaReid

MelissaReid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:52 PM

I just tried a tumeric pill tonight and I developed a headache---I can't really tell for sure if it's from the pill or not. I'll try again tomorrow to make sure. My stomach isn't feeling great, but I didn't have the greatest dinner, so I'll let you know tomorrow.

#3 futurehope

futurehope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:36 AM

Thanks for the reply. I want to hear from others.

BTW, on the second day, I had an unusual headache again. Don't know if it was the turmeric. Will try it again today at lunch.

#4 MightyMouse

MightyMouse

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • 5,387 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:49 AM

Yes, I have had GERD for well over 20 years, and have had no ill effects noted from drinking Tumeric in a tea that I made from a heaping teaspoon of the stuff, plus some raw honey and milk/cream. It has a slightly bitter flavor, but no more so than the ginger tea I've made. No headache, no belly ache, and no problems sleeping that others have reported. In fact, I fell asleep within minutes of drinking my tea yesterday.

That being said, I haven't noted any positive effects either, other than that the hot tea helps my sinuses--but that would be the case even with hot water.

Nina