18 replies to this topic

#1 Goblin

Goblin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 12:40 PM

I have had a cold for the past week and have noticed that my temperature is kind of low- around 97.5 degrees. Has anybody else had a low body temperature? I feel sick and chilly, but my temp is constantly low the last few days.

#2 futurehope

futurehope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 02:41 PM

I've found this sometimes happens when you have a virus, as opposed to a bacterial infection.

#3 ethansmom

ethansmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 05:48 PM

My normal body temp runs in the 97's on a normal basis. When I get sick and feel feverish, my temp is in the "normal" range. Weird isn't it?

#4 Michelle Sawicki

Michelle Sawicki

Advanced Member

• Volunteer
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 09:31 PM

My temp is usually lower than normal too.

Michelle

#5 justin

justin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 09:43 PM

since i was a baby, my temp has always been 1 degree celsius lower than normal (this would be 97.3 for you farenheit types).
when i have a low grade fever, i would be at the normal range (98.6). recently, my temp seems to hover around 95-96, and can sometimes get as low as 94.1

#6 JacobyD

JacobyD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 07:50 AM

Ditto! Always around 97.6, 98.6 when 'feverish'!

#7 llp479

llp479

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 12:20 PM

Me too! "Normal" for me is around 97.6F. When it gets to around 99 I'm feeling really crummy.

#8 pamyla

pamyla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 06:47 PM

I used to have low temperatures and my doctor treated me for it. I guess it's considered "alternative", but it really helped me out a lot. After the therapy I gained a lot more energy and my temperature is almost always at 98.6 now :P

If any of you happen to be interested it's called Wilson's Syndrome (not to be confused with Wilson's disease) and treatment involves taking thyroid medication for a few months. Your dosage changes depending on how your temperature responds to the medication.

Here's the web site on it:
http://www.wilsonssy....com/index.html
The web site is a little cheesy, but all I can say is that this was helpful to me, so maybe it would be for someone else as well.

Pam

#9 BuddyLeesWife

BuddyLeesWife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 05:04 PM

Can a low body temperature have anything to do with heat intolerance?

I just did a search on low body temperature and this topic came up. My husband also has a regular temperature around 97.5 but even at this level you can feel the heat radiating from his body about 6" away.

#10 briarrose

briarrose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 10:42 PM

My normal temp is 97.6 too. When I'm at 99, I feel really bad. I can be lower than 97.6 though.

#11 blackwolf

blackwolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 10:46 PM

Ditto, I run about 96.5 give or take.
I was on thyriod meds for about a year, didn't get the same effect. Go figure.
Blackwolf

#12 geneva

geneva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:38 PM

same for me too. 97's for years now and 98.6 means I have a fever, not that you can tell a dr/nurse that!!

#13 morgan617

morgan617

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:40 PM

my temp is always in the 97 range. if it's above that i feel feverish. i think i've only had what could be considered elevated temps 3 times in my whole life, and that's along time, lol. morgan

#14 pamyla

pamyla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 01:36 PM

Blackwolf, do you know what kind of thyroid hormone you were given? I think the normal is T4? (sorry, my bad memory is kicking in!) And I think I took T3... Anyways, here's some more on that if you're interested.
http://www.drrind.com/thyroidscale.asp

Also, I thought this was interesting. This was the doctor that helped me to raise my body temperature. I notice that 'orthostatic hypotension' is now on his symptom chart (I don't think it was before). Maybe he's seeing more dysautonomia patients than he realizes :huh:
http://www.drrind.co...ecardmatrix.asp

And as I said before, this falls into the alternative health realm, so take what you will from it :)

Pam

#15 ramakentesh

ramakentesh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,074 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 07:02 AM

ive got POTS witha slightly overactive thyroid, but still feel cold all the time. My hands and feet are often freezing - and this is from a guy who used to wear tshirts in winter and ride on a bike in the wind to school!